Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming Blog

In AICE Media Studies, I, along with everyone else, in my group played a big role in the filming process of the Gatorade commercial. We first began by walking into the class and getting our equipment. I didn't really do much during this portion as I walked in later than my other teammates. Once all the equipment was signed out and we were ready to go, we made our way to the track where we were going to film. I carried the equipment like the camera and the tripod to the location. My main job throughout the filming process was to direct, film, and be a stage-hand. After every scene, I would offer input as to what we could've done better. I also moved the tripod and camera to where ever we needed it. For example, when we moved from filming the track star to filming to person stretching, I moved the tripod and the camera from the track to the grass. Afterwards, I also helped film.

We had two camera people during the filming process, Amy Suarez and myself. She filmed towards the beginning like the track player and some of the stretcher, bu then I took over the camera and continued filming the stretcher and finished her part, the gymnast. I tried to film similarly to how it is in Gatorade commercials and zoom into them when they are drinking or eating. You see I did this with the stretcher and the gymnast. Although Amy didn't follow the same method, that is something we can fix in editing to make it better. During the filming process I also directed. After every scene I tried to fix anything we could to make it as similar to a regular Gatorade commercial as possible. We weren't trying to make an exact copy of one and that's why we filmed three different exercises, to make a split screen and make it overall different. We shot the same scene many times in-case we didn't like the ones we have. Some of our raw footage includes the que given to the actors to start their scene, but like other things that can fixed later on.

One main part of the process that not only differentiates us from normal Gatorade commercials but also keeps our commercials traditional is the voice-over. The voice-over was recorded by me, Emiliano Vallejo, and is very important because it sets the tone for commercial. It can add intensity where we want it, and in this commercial we really needed a way to control our intensity. A voice-over was a tradition and fitting solution. Personally, I believe I didn't do as much work as my other teammates, but I still think I did the right amount of work. Once again, I helped with the directing, filming, and movement of the equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institutions Practice Essay

Has the audience consumption of movies changed over time? Over the course of time movies have changed drastically in terms of how they ...